Hi,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Stefan Bodewig
<stefan.bode...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On 2011-10-26, Ryan Boggs wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Stefan Bodewig
>> <stefan.bode...@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>>> Why do you feel Sourceforge's git offering was insufficient - this is
>>> an honest question as I may be thinking about moving XMLUnit to a
>>> different SCM myself (currently using svn at Sourceforge).
>
>> It just doesn't feel like there is alot of effort on the repo side in
>> terms of code reviews and other tools that sites like github have.
>
> Understood, thanks.
>
>>> When I worked on the log4net release I cursed NAnt's lack of a <mapper>
>>> so a big +1 for this.  I also miss <macrodef>.  Badly.
>> I should add <macrodef> too, eh?
>
> This may be my Ant bias.  log4net's build file is a big mess of
> copy-paste and I think macrodef would help, but maybe there is a
> NAnt-idiomatic way of fixing that without macrodef.  It looks as if
> "call"ing a target is something you'd do more lightly and more often in
> NAnt than in Ant.
Well, either way, it's been added to the list. :)

>> It took me awhile to get NAnt to use log4net 1.2.10 because of
>> sharpcvslib's dependency on log4net 1.2.9.  Since I was recently
>> granted commit access to that project, I could see if I could upgrade
>> the dependency in both projects.
>
> Binding redirects?  I don't think we've made API changes that would
> cause trouble otherwise.
>
> Of course, if you can change the dependency then switching to 1.2.11 -
> and to the "new" strong name key - would probably be better.
The problem I had wasn't with the API but the fact that sharpcvslib
seemed hardcoded to 1.2.9.  It gave me some issues during tests using
Mono on *nix.  I can look into this a bit further to see what exactly
is going on.

Thanks,
Ryan