On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Rhichard Barth & Family wrote:

> Hey Axalon !!!!!
> Boy I'm always glad to get responses from you...(not that I'm mind the rest)
> So your saying:
> / boot = 20 meg
> /   = a lot of harddrive      then swap?
> swap
> Does LM know what to put in /boot ????
> if not, during the install what should I put in /boot?
> is this my mount point?
> does LILO go into /boot? (stupid question but i'm going to make sure).
> if I had a hda1 (windows 98 drive) original C:\ drive how should I mount that?
> Two drives one is 3.1gig with windows, the other is 13gig all for LM
> We went through this once before... in it VFat or DOS ?
> I'm using LAN Bridge software with my internal LAN and I will still need to use
>Win98 for now
> once LM is up and running I'll be switching that computer over to server, but until
>I'm totally
> up and running I have to keep
> my Windows box as the server (or my wife and daughter will kill me if they can't
>"surf")
>
> Your friend
> Rhichard,

The only thing thats critcal, is that the kernel lies fully within the
first 1024 cylinders. You should beable to handle all this from within
diskdruid, blank all the partitions create a linux partition of around
20mb give it mountpoint /boot, anything you do with the rest is just a
matter of preference. As for what goes into the /boot partition/directory
it won't be any/much different that whats in the /boot of your exsisting
system, a system.map kernel image and other odds and ends. You can
install lilo onto either mbr, I'd recommend hda for simplicity.
Specifing the mount point for windows partitions is easiestly handled
during install while still in diskdruid, then after install you can add
any uid= or other such customizations to the fstab line. Msdos is the
standard 8.3 nameing scheme, Vfat covers longfilenames.

Something along the lines of
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat defaults,noexec,user,uid=500 0 0

Let me know if i missed any ?'s