[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> No they aren't. Do you know any people who don't know anything about
> computers, who don't WANT to know anything about computers, who just want
> to surf, get email, and do processing, who run Linux? I don't. And if you

        I don't know any who do, but they _could_ run Linux without a problem.
Of course, Netscape's kind of flaky, which doesn't help, but if people
were selling preconfigured boxes to do this, Joe average user could
handle Linux just as well as Win9x.  Even the setup isn't necessarily
that bad--Caldera, for example, has a pretty intuitive setup
procedure--but it's more of a pain than using it.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good