>Exactly, and who needs an ultra powerful microwave to nuke a little tv
dinner?
>The average user needs little more than entertainment and an office suit with
>little or no time wasted in learning how it works.  For this, they are
willing
>to pay big bucks.

My reply to this would be like buying a NEW Car from the DEALER rather than
a HOT ROD from a Mechanic.

The Average user wants all the Warrenty and assurances - reliable service,
documentation and FULL service support that a Microsoft can and will supply.

If you want to own a HOTROD you have to be willing to do the work yourself
to try and get the special parts etc.. from all the various venders that
will sell it. Your not going to find it all under one roof. Welcome to Linux.

I would say that Linux is growning because of its growing user
friendlyness.. more to compete with the Windows NT platform than anything.
And really we are still talking about an OS thats primary focus is network
connectivity.. not games or office suites.

James