On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If by "home user" he means "the average user", then he's absolutely right
> (just scanning this list proves that).

Not quite.
Follow some Windows mailing lists and you'll see people have quite some
trouble getting that to work, also.
Most of the problem reports here are either directly related to
installation, or very specific to something most others don't use.

> If Linux was ready for the "home user", they'd already be using it.

And they are.
The only reason why Windoze is still around is Microsoft's marketing and
the "it is what I've used all the time, so why should I change now"
attitude a lot of people have.

LLaP
bero

--