On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, pete moss wrote:
> is there a default prefs file for netscape?  i have configured mine to
> open to messenger, and to bring up a blank page in navigator.  however,
> everytime i open netscape, i get navigator opening to the mandrake help
> page.  anyone know how to get rid of this?  i have looked at
> preferences.js in ~/.netscape and the settings are correct there, they
> just arent loading up.
>
> :P

--Well, I'm sure to suffer a flaming death for this statement, but what I found
to work best is to uninstall Netscape, and go about your life! I had nothing
but crashes and multiple other problems with it in any and all the distros I've
tried. (I'm currently using Mandrake 6 and absolutely love it). The KDE mail,
news, and browser all work great and I found no real need for Netscape anyway.
It was slow and problematic for me when it _did_ work at all and on several
occasions even caused me to have to reinstall Linux (although, a more
experienced user could probably have repaired the situation). Anyway, just my
two cents worth...Please be merciful.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright,
  they're grand.  --  Benny Hill**