On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Pedro Timoteo wrote:
> Rick Murphy wrote:
> > Don't give up on netscape.   If your using mandrake,  click on the updates
> > icons and download all three parts of netscape 4.61 at the same time.  It will
> > automatically install itself.  I found that most of my problems with netscape
> > ended when I went  to 4.61. I think you will find that not all web sites will
> > open with KDE's broswer.   I look forward to seeing the browser improved with
> > the next reincarnation of mandrake.
>
> It's true that Netscape sucks - can't wait for Opera
> (www.operasoftware.com) to release their Linux version.
>
> Anyway, you don't need all 3 parts - you need netscape-common and then
> either netscape-navigator or netscape-communicator, not both of these. The
> difference between these two is that Communicator has the mail/news client,
> while Navigator does not.

--Yes I agree that Navigator alone works better than Communicator. Any way I'm
in the process of following ricks advice (please exscuse me if I got the wrong
poster). I reinstalled Netscape (Nav. only+common files only) and am
downloading the upgrade now as we speak. We'll see.

P.S. I just wanted to say that I've spent a lot of time on the NG's looking for
help in learning Linux, and so far I think this list is absolutely awesome!
It's really refreshing to have a forum to go to as a newbie where people are
helpful without being condescending.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright,
  they're grand.  --  Benny Hill**