On Saturday 06 July 2002 12:48 am, you wrote:
> I know I'm going back on what I said earlier, but I can't help it... :-(
>
> D.Olson, can you tell me what you hardware setup is please? I'm just
> curious because I do not get the same performance from WineX that you do...

Sure:

AMD 1.2GHz Tbird @ 266 bus
EPoX 8KTA3L+
512MB PC133 SDRAM
ASUS V7700 DDR Deluxe (GeForce2 GTS) w/ 32MB
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Maxtor 30GB 7200RPM UDMA100 HDD

> 1. Framerates here are as fast as, or faster than the same game running
> under the Windoze environment.
>
> 2. Not all games install correctly, or work correctly. I agree.
>
> 3. None of the games I'm using lockup, or lock my system up. Thats playing
> them for hours, even across my LAN and over the 'Net... Lyvim and I both
> did have one game (Lord of Destruction) do an occasional lockup. Changing a
> setting in the game options resolved this.

Oh, I didn't say that the games that WORK lock the system up. But TESTING
games locks up systems like mad. Don't believe me? Have a look at my listing
that I posted a link to earlier. Try the games that I noted locked up the
system, and you tell me if your system continues running perfectly fine or
not.

> Ask Lyvim about Baldurs Gate. I think he plays it regularly under Winex.
> Sorry, I've not had a chance to try to install it yet.

Don't be sorry. I wouldn't want to play it in WineX anyhow.

--
D. Olson
The Mandrake eXPerience

MUB-NWN
http://nwn.by-a.com/

WinXP - the best thing since induced vomitting.