On Wednesday 25 September 2002 10:47 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday September 25 2002 04:24 pm, et wrote:
> > tell me you are not trying to use both SDram and DDR ram at the same
> > time... please tell me that you are only using one or the other. and
>
>    Ah.... Ed,    .... DDR is SDram
> http://searchStorage.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid5_gci213885,00.html
>
> "DDR SDRAM (double data rate SDRAM) is synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM)
> that can theoretically improve memory clock speed to at least 200 MHz*.
> It activates output on both the rising and falling edge of the system
> clock rather than on just the rising edge, potentially doubling
> output."
>
>     The "potentially doubling" is marketing talk for the aforementioned
> "theoretically improve" bit ;)  DDR SDram performs about 5 to 7% better
> than good 'ol rising edge SDram in benchmarks, less in the real world.
> Specially when average environments (mobo design & PSU quality) are
> taken into account.
ohh duh, (slaps self on forhead) I guess I should reread the post before I
answer, I can only say that with out my glasses I thought I read 256 megz and
not 266 Mhz, and I was thinking a bit much about having read the review about
what i thought I had clicked on as her Mobo (which was not hers even ,hers
being a L7VMM and me looking at the K7VMM) and the fact it (the K7) can take
 --Two 184-pin DDR SDRAM (DDR266/DDR200) or
 --Two 168-pin 3.3V SDRAM (PC133/PC100) but of coarse this ain't even her
Mobo

ET-decides to go back to lurking, since I ain't got anything right (not even
the date) in about a week. that and I am waiting for 9.0 so I can screw up
even more.