On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 20:09, greg wrote:

Instead of depending on the MCC Wizards, why not just open up a nice
terminal window, and type:

netconfig

...put in all the proper information that you need to put in, save the
configuration - linuxconf will direct you to what services need to be
restarted and etc etc etc....double check your /etc/hosts,
/etc/resolv.conf, your /etc/sysconfig folder for other networking
scripts (making sure they're setup properly)...then, after all that
jazz, get back to a terminal window and type:

service network --full-restart

...you should be back in biz...and after you're satisfied that you're
back in biz, reboot for giggles and grins. JUST TO BE SURE...but I think
that you'll be right if you ditch the MCC stuff altogether and stick
with the linuxconf suite of utils...they're easier to get to, easier to
configure/muck with, and more dependable than that GUI stuff has shown
to be...
(I'm sure I'll get flamed over this...but what the hec...they're on the
other side of the world...)

Cheers!

--
Mon Dec  9 20:45:00 EST 2002
  8:45pm  up 1 day, 30 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.21, 1.35

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Hildebrant's Principle:
        If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.