On Friday 21 Feb 2003 11:54 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> g wrote:
> > John Richard Smith wrote:
> > i hope you were neat about it. :)
>
> Yes, not only neat but changed all the multiplugs etc etc I suspect
> one may of been  less than ideal, one just gets carried away at times
> adding pieces of equipement etc.

Now then - you know that there is a special breed of goblins that have one
purpose only:  to take your carefully placed cabling and make sure that it is
a tangled as ever next time you want to do anything <g>

> The edges are straight top and bottom and lefthand side, the right hand
> side does have a very faint curve to the bottom righthand side. I'm just
> wondering whether in fact some field coil ,of one of the endless
> transformers
> one has to employ powering computer equipement up may be influencing
> this a bit so will check that out. The picture seems steady to my eyes, but
> my better half say's she can see a slight flicker, bear in mind I'm on
> 60Hz here, possibly it ough to be 70 Hz. but current drivers don't seem
> to offer it. But taken overall I'd say this is not a bad picture at all
> and I'm
> having to push my critique to be critical at all.

On the 'slight flicker' - have you made sure you don't have speakers too
close?  On one monitor I had the effect was to really degrade and flicker
certain areas of screen.  The problem went entirely when I moved them.
Possibly newer speakers are better shielded, though?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302