On Friday 05 September 2003 05:45 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 08:28, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > Remember, this is still a test system. rc1 means "release candidate 1"
> > and there may be a 2 before all of the bugs are worked out. This is not
> > yet a stable OS.  Stay with 9.1 and do an upgrade when 9.2 is final. HTH
>
> ...don't ya mean "Mandrake version 9.2 + three months of upgrades/fixes"
> ???
>
> Hey, by all means, I spoke out last year and made some comments about
> not trusting ".0" versions - and got heaps of flak back from that...now
> we're moving to 9.2 and still ain't a word been said...
>
> Either which, at least I'm a convert - from RedHat even...
>
> stephen kuhn - owner
LOL, yer right Stephen. But I look at 9.2 as the end of the process not the
beginning. Like it is 9.1++3months of upgrades and some tweaks.  I tried
Redhat 9.0 and didn't like the desktop or the update process. So here I am
still with Mandrake after nearly 4 years. Is that possible or have I got off
a year?  It is still fun, even for a non programmer.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842