On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:28:07 +0200
Beppe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Tell me which configurations files I need to check and I will tell
> you. On Mandrake I've never been able to record any file from line-in
> or microphone, on both the computers I had and on my sister's computer
> where Mandrake is still on. On Slack it works without needing to
> change anything,

Now I'm confused. So now there was no effort to get things working on
Slack, LOL!

I think the point we're trying to make here is that your experience is
rather different from the *vast* majority of users.

My web server was up for 3 months until the "big blackout", Mandrake 9.1
on an old P166 w/ 128 MB of RAM and a bad cmos battery, not handling
quite the load that Franki's does (that's putting it mildly...) though.

I have never had a single problem with Mandrake that I didn't cause
myself, *except* for the sound, which is why I asked, but I guess the
answer is "I don't know".

That's for one simple reason: all Linux distro's handle sound in
basically the same way, and have the same issues, some doing it better
than others I am sure. I sure would like to know why when I play a movie
in MPlayer and then try to run Quake 3 I get no sound, but I do in MOHAA
(?!). If Slack or any other distro has some magical way of configuring
it's sound server, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046