Somebody scribbled about Re: [newbie] 9.2 Beta 2

>    A few times after KDE cooker updates I've had to reset the
>clock. R-click on it, adjust time an date, make sure format is set
>to USA-english.

This is still going with cooker current as of last night -- rc1 + dozens
of updates.

But "apply" seems to be the kick here that's necessary -- after changing
the clock to show the correct time instead of HKT -- but apply does
something funny -- it blanks the screen for several seconds, then the
screen kicks back in. Is that supposed to happen?

Now my clock is OK, but who knows for how long. I still cannot figure out
what causes it to switch all by itself. AFAIK it's not updating from
cooker specifically that will do it.