On Monday 08 September 2003 09:57 pm, dfox wrote:
> Somebody scribbled about Re: [newbie] 9.2 Beta 2
>
> >    A few times after KDE cooker updates I've had to reset the
> >clock. R-click on it, adjust time an date, make sure format is set
> >to USA-english.
>
> This is still going with cooker current as of last night -- rc1 + dozens
> of updates.
>
> But "apply" seems to be the kick here that's necessary -- after changing
> the clock to show the correct time instead of HKT -- but apply does
> something funny -- it blanks the screen for several seconds, then the
> screen kicks back in. Is that supposed to happen?
>
> Now my clock is OK, but who knows for how long. I still cannot figure out
> what causes it to switch all by itself. AFAIK it's not updating from
> cooker specifically that will do it.
When you installed did you get the clock settings dialog with a box that said
world clock.nst or somesuch? If you did and did not change it to a time
server in your time zone then each time it updates to the wrong time server
it changes the comp time to match and you are out of whack again. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842