On Wednesday 29 October 2003 02:30 pm, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:32:07 +0200
>
> robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > I think you're being a little unfair to the people who bought LG - how
> >
> > were they to know it was junk hardware?
>
> Cuz it cost <= 20 dollars ;-)
Ah, but they are not going to know that if the drive comes installed in a dell
or compaq etc, All they know is that the drive worked before and now it
doesn't. I on the other hand have little or no excuse cause I bought mine in
a plain clear plastic wrapper with a audio connector stuck inside.  Still I
have used these drives since back in the 6.x series and not one failed till
now.  Cheap but they worked. Now the most expensive drive I can find locally
is a whopping $39.95 US.  To me that too is cheap, so who do you trust?
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842