Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Thursday 30 October 2003 04:37 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96R

compare to  yours: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16
RAW/R96P RAW/R96R

For packet writing there's 3 ingredients, kernel support for packet writing and UDF, and we'll need something like cdrecord to support it. I post this link in another post, but if you read thru it I believe you'll see what needed, (Google will get you a lot more)
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/hints/2002-December/001409.html

Of course I have cdrecord, doesn't every mandrake.
I downloaded these 4 from the above links,

mdk91-update.diff.bz2 udf-0.9.6.tar.gz
pktcd-mdk91-1.patch.bz2 udftools-1.0.0b2.tar.gz

not sure what or whether all are needed to make this work.
There looks to be some bash scriptwork necessary, as well
as fstab entries. Still, if I do this will it likely muckup the existing
usage, if not, I'm will to give it a go if I can sort out what is
actually required.

John

--
John Richard Smith