On Wednesday 29 October 2003 04:05 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 Oct 2003 8:17 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >      Please excuse my own followup, I forgot to provide a very
> > pertinent link    http://packet-cd.sourceforge.net/
>
> I presume that the link on that page means that the more
> adventurous of us could recompile the kernel with that patch in,
> though?
>
> Anne

    I don't believe necessarily that patch. As you can see from the
link that was one of the first, from about two years ago. Myself, I
don't use CD-rw's. Cdr's work better and are just too cheap now'a
days. BUT, if I wanted to write to CD-rw's in several sessions and
still be able to read the CD without finalizing it .... I'd get one
of the Mandrake kernel gurus to make their latest patch available.
Or at least the one they just took out. Then use that patch against
Mandrake kernel-source.

   Hopefully packet writing won't dry up just because of this latest
deal. I can see where it would be very useful to some, specially in
an office environment.