On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:29:10 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 08 Dec 2003 10:30 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> > However I would
> > agree that we in UK don't get much variable voltage, provided
> > your domestic property isn't either in some remote country
> > setting or perhaps sited next to some lonesome little industrial
> > estate, your gonna get reliable voltage all the time.
>
> Sorry, John.  This just isn't so.  I'm 5-6 miles south of
> Huddersfield - hardly what you would call remote, and there isn't
> an industrial site anywhere near here.

I have a friend from India that would consider all of these good
systems!  When he was growing up, they would experience hours or
even days where the voltage would drop so much that the lights were
dim.  They had variacs (i think) to bump up (or down) the voltage to
correct for it...

eric

--
Mandrake HowTo's & More:          http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org