>>My graphics card , gforce3 has a small fan on it and it's hardly
>>turning at all. I bet that is the problem, can one buy replacements?
>>
>>John
>>
>yes. send us a picture of the fan you get for it. however, while I ain't sure
>about your particular card, I do know some fans have a control circuit that
>makes the fan run faster when there is more heat. I still think you need to
>blow out the power supply fan.

Turns out that my powersupply has failed.
I substituted a know to work powersupply and she booted.
Put the old one back and she fails.
My guess is that the 3.3v line is supplying under voltage.

Just goes to show that powercuts can easily damage powersupply units. Not only that, but it's the second unit, known to me,to go the same way in my locality, in the last month. Seems like Milton Keynes is becoming the powersurge capital ok the uk.

Anyway, thanks, for your help.

Now for a new PSU.

John