On Wednesday 24 Dec 2003 6:22 pm, John wrote:
> > > ronald
> > > thanks for response. I had changed to root but not to /etc. Did
> > > as you suggested.Came up with the following:
> > > /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> > > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> > > /dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> > > none/mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,
> > > iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
> > > none /mnt/floppy supermount
> > > dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850.uma
> > >sk =0 0 0
> > > none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> > > /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
> > > This file doesn't list the changed file shown by harddrake which
> > > was /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd. Are there any changes
> > > to make here?
> > > Thanks for the help
> > > John
> >
> > Chage /dev/scd0 to /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > Hi
> > Changed file and saved according to earlier instuctions. Tried to
> > mount cdrom and got the message can't find cdrom in /etc/fstab or
> > /etc/mtab.
> > Thanks
> > john
>
> John, did you say you were running 9.1?  I've never seen this
> behaviour in 9.1, though I have seen threads about 9.2 using this
> kind of naming.
>
> I think it's time to take it to the expert list.  At least you will
> double your chances of it being read by someone who recognises the
> problem.  Sorry I wasn't much help
>
> Anne
>
> Everyone has been helpful. Yes I am running 9.1. Everything had been
> working great with no indications of problems. Then the cdrom wouldn't
> work. I have 9.2 hopefully getting here today and I would like to
> install this. I thought the cdrom would have to work before I could
> install 9.2. Is there a way to get the 9.2 installation up with where
> I am now or do I need to continue with trying to fix the cdrom
> connection?
>
> Thanks
> John

Erm.. I am coming in a bit late on this thread, but I take it that you have
defined your CD drive to ide-scsi and now it does not work?

In the fstab file you list above there is a space missing between 'none' and
'/mnt/cdrom'  - Maybe just a typo?

Also be aware if this is a DVD drive there are some DVD drives that will not
work as ide-scsi (mine included)

You can confirm your drive is working as ide-scsi with
cat /proc/scsi/scsi

Apologies if I have totally misunderstood your problem.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net