> > Chage /dev/scd0 to /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > Hi
> > Changed file and saved according to earlier instuctions. Tried to
> > mount cdrom and got the message can't find cdrom in /etc/fstab or
> > /etc/mtab.
> > Thanks
> > john
>
> John, did you say you were running 9.1?  I've never seen this
> behaviour in 9.1, though I have seen threads about 9.2 using this
> kind of naming.

Another way around this is to edit /etc/lilo.conf as root, and in the area
named "linux" on the "Append=" line add "devfs=nomount" then save it and run
"lilo" at the root prompt, and reboot.

My append line looks like this (all on one line):
append="devfs=nomount hdb=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi acpi=ht
splash=silent"

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.