On Wednesday 24 December 2003 10:22 am, John wrote:

> Everyone has been helpful. Yes I am running 9.1. Everything had been
> working great with no indications of problems. Then the cdrom wouldn't
> work. I have 9.2 hopefully getting here today and I would like to
> install this. I thought the cdrom would have to work before I could
> install 9.2. Is there a way to get the 9.2 installation up with where
> I am now or do I need to continue with trying to fix the cdrom
> connection?
>
> Thanks
> John

That won't be a problem, because you will be booting from cdrom--your Linux
system on the hd won't even be mounted.  In fact, you will be nuking what you
have when you format later.  The one glitch could be if the cd drive itself
is bad (I've had several die), but if the machine finds the cd boot img that
will rule out a bad drive.
I helped a friend put 9.2 on a laptop yesterday.  The install went smooth as
silk--really, really easy.  He was up and running in under 30 minutes.
Hopefully, yours will be the same.

e.