On Wednesday 24 Dec 2003 5:19 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 December 2003 17:14, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > >
> > > did you become root john? and did you cd to /etc before vi fstab?
> > >
> > > HTH and Merry Christmas!
> > >
> > > ronald
> >
> > If you do not like the command line and vi, then do not use it.
> >
> > From your KDE desktop Alt+F2 will open a box to run a command.
>
> He's lost X, Derek, due to the upgrade.
>
> Anne
Ah.. well in that case I would suggest :-

Log in as root and then type
urpmi mc
That will install midnight commander an easy to use text based file manager
with an easy built in editor.

Launch it with 'mc'

IMO vi is totally newbie hostile. (After 3 years of using Linux I still only
know 2 vi commands.)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net