> Stephen Kuhn wrote:

I'm looking forward to having an updated automake - I get the sh_ts with trying to compile programs every now and again. Eye candy is nice, having a 2.6 kernel is nicer...besides, eye candy makes for resource hungry.

Is Enlightenment still included?

stephen kuhn - owner

Yup. Still there mate.

I'm seeing something here that probably merits mentioning though.

Stephen, you keep using the word "upgrade". Just curious, but are you planning to select the upgrade option during the installation, or do you plan on a fresh install? I've seen several people talking about upgrades, and how their systems were screwed up afterwards.

Personally, I use a package list on a floppy, and re-install the list, then I look through the packages listed in the Software Management Section of Mandrake Control Center to add anything the install missed. It saves me about 40 minutes of going through the flat install list, and I know which apps and packages will be waiting for me once I boot into it again.

The key to this is to leave your home folder untouched ( ie; DO NOT FORMAT) during the install. Just give it the same partition name/mount point it had before, and continue with the install.

I'm pretty sure that many people on the list know how to do this, but I just wanted you to know about this option if you didn't already know.

HTH

Lanman