Hoyt Bailey wrote:

No luck whois not installed. Isnt that for only local use. That is it would tell me who was logged on to my domaine, well I know that its me. I did find a whois web site but didnt get any results since I dont know what my ISP's name is unless its 'sbcglobal.net' which it probably is. But that doesnt help since first I have to go to my dsl modem and it takes a long time to time out. If I remove everything from '/etc/resolv.conf' It just gets replaced as is. I dont understand what I'm doing?

whois is for looking up information on domains. who is for seeing who is logged on your local machine.

As far as resolv.conf, if you are running DCHD, then the file should get rebuilt with the information from your DSL modem. But it is possible that you have overridden this. Could you post the contence of /etc/sysconfig/networks, and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0? (Also ifcfg-eth1 if you have one.) There are some logs in /var/logs that may help as well, but I don't remember exactly where Mandrake puts things, and you don't want to post /var/log/messages!

Mikkel