HAD a problem with the following sequence of commands.
mkdir winmodem
cd winmodem
mcopy a:scandisk.gz.*******the file didn't exist****yes it did
chmod +x scanmodem
./scanmodem
   Looking at the note above you can see the file couldn't be found.  The
solution, impossible as it would seem was that I deleted the director
winDmodem I had accidentally created.  I tried the mcopy again and got no
error.  AHHAA!  Tried a dir command in winmodem, which previously produced
nothing, and bingo the filev was now there.  I wouldn't have believed it
had someone told me that was the problem.
   Now there is another problem the chmod command fails to find attributes
because it can't find any or the file.  Anybody know what is wrong there?
Could x not be installed/configured or something else.