h k ball wrote:
Mikkel ...

... have a wireless network system in my office, my computers all have their C:, D:, etc files shared, send stuff back and forth all the time .. for purposes of discussion, my too main players are:

My Desktop - Workgroup: HKwork, Computer name: Faster (has MD 6.0 working in CLI mode, regular bootup on separate partition)

My Laptop:- Workgroup: Workgroup, Computer name: Best (has MD 10.1 working in KDE in Virtual Machine)

....  so, on the MD 6.0 on the desktop, Linux is .HKwork.Faster
..... and, on the MD 10.1 on my laptop Linux is .Workgroup.Best

... so the sharing stuff has been in place for some time, my question is
what line of code do I use employing smb4k to see Windows platforms  ?

(something) smb4k (something) ( HKwork/Faster/C something)

HK

Oh. I didn't understand what you were asking. You do not use smb4k from the command line. It is a GUI that will let you see the shares on the network, and mount them. If you want to mount a share from the command line, then try this as root:

mkdir /mnt/samba
mount -t smbfs //faster/<share name> /mnt/samba

Replave "<share name>" with the Windows share name. You can get a list of shares by running "smbclient -L faster".

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!