h k ball wrote:
Kaj ...

... haven't given up on 6.0 yet, kind of a challenge ... have it working in partiton in CLI (you taught me that terminology) on my desktop (Intel32, 256mb ram, 700mH, 20 gb hd), now that I have 10.1 running in VMware on my new (AMD64, 500mb ram, 2.0mH, 60gb hd) laptop, with KDE running and Foxfire installed, my learning curve has accelaerated a bit, got more ideas for things to try on 6.0 to get KDE going ... mainly grinding through the 1000 different possible configuration combinations using that old Xconfigurator ...

... 10.1 bombed out on my desktop in the first 30 seconds of the boot-up install, didn't like my disk drive partitions (old machine, badly chopped up with 6-7 partitons, been re-partitioned alot) ..

... my new laptop refuses to be partitioned by either my Partition Magic, or by 10.1 when I tried to install it from bootup, that's why I had to go the VMware route (very sluggish, but totally functional) ..

... so, think I can go back and squeeze in a small Fat32 partition on my desktop, along the lines of your suggestion, but cannot for 10.1 on my laptop ..

.. one thought - I'm on the internet in Linux through my wireless local LAN network just fine, could Windows send stuff to Linux over that LAN network ?

HK

I can understand the installer having a problem with this drive. You might be able to do something in the expert mode, but you might also delete some of your data... I would be tempted to back things up, wipe the drive, and start over. Create one partition for Windows, and leave the rest for the installer to play with.

Another option would be to add a second drive for Linux. Let Windows keep the first drive, and have the installer install to the second hard drive.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!