John....er...how did this & the last one get addressed to you instead of
the list?  Anyway, I got to thinking about this root thing and began to
wonder (I don't believe I've actually run xf86config as other than root)
what happens when an upriveleged user finishes running xf86config and it
goes to write the XF86Config file whoich requires root priveleges to
write?

I think I'll stck this back into the list to continue the thread.

Alan