Sam...."it kinda just sat there" is not a good description of what
occurred when you typed startx.  Also I don't understand the meaning of
"why I type in "X" it just hangs like a DaWg."

So, did you type startx alone on a console command line?  Now two things
could happen other than going into KDE.  First, nothing (a new command
line is printed).  Second, a bunch of stuff flashes by on the screen
ending in an error message and a new command line is printed.

So what happened?

Alan

Sam Roza wrote:

> Ok, I typed startx and it kinda just sat there, but, once again it might
> have been a case error. Either way, why I type in "X" it just hangs like a
> DaWg.
>
> At 01:44 PM 12/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Sam....type startx.
> >
> >Alan
> >

> >Sam Roza wrote:
> > >
> > > I am not in KDE, I'm on the console screen logged on as ROOT. Obviously I
> > > had a case error. I will obtain my hardware specs and retry loading from
> > > Xconfigurator and xf86config.
> > >
> > > (stupid question time)How does one get to KDE from the console??

[clip]