I will be playing half-life, ages of empires, and some other stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dacia and AzureRose [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 2:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Video Card

which games.  that is a big issue.

If you only play quake3, evolva and other new games
that can actually use hardware T&L then you'll be
making a pretty good decision by going with a geforce
based card.

On the other hand if you play flight sims, glide games
or older games you might look at a voodoo3,4 or 5.
Especially if you dual boot with wandows to play those
older games.

The Anti-aliasing that the voodoo4 and 5 series can do
is a BIG deal on games from about last december and
older.  No jaggies, no pixel popping, no crawlies, no
slowdowns and that is in half-life!  I understand that
flight sims, car racing games and sports games really
benefit even more.  Freespace2 looks like a movie on
my system.  It is totally amazing.  I've spent the
last few nights hanging out with my brother drinking
beer and watching himplay that game on his 19in
monitor.

So, I guess what I'm saying is "What games do you
play?"

Dacia