Sorry Mark, but that's nonsense.

I can't think of *any* MS products *written in* VB, although most of
them are built from COM components that can be used in VB, and
most of them support scripting via VBScript.

Why do you think Visual C++ is not *real* C++, BTW?

> excuse me, but only the kernel is written in ASsembly, and C++, and
> even that is M$ C++. not "real" C++. Everything else in the OS is
> written in Visual Basic.
>
> --
> Mark
>
> / * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
>   * in order to get the rats up from below decks
>   * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
>   *
>   *   REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
>   */
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*REPLY SEPERATOR*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 Dave Sherman had this to say!
>
> > Actually, the Windows versions from 1.0 thru 3.11 were written in a
> > combination of C and C++. Win95 and later are pretty much all C++,
> > except some older libraries that are still around. Even Microsoft
> > isn't foolish enough to write their OS in VB -- that product is
> > marketed (in a sort of unspoken rule) for non-programmers and
> > non-professionals. Visual C++ is MS's "enterprise strength"
> > development tool.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > At 06:40 PM 11/30/2000 +0000, you wrote:
> > >I use VB. I dont like it but it is the only gui programing thing on
> > >the school computers so I had to learn.
> > >
> > >It would seem possible to write parts of windows in VB but remember
> > >that windows came before the version of vb that would be needed.
> > >Once they started in c++ they would probably stay in it.
> > >
> > >But it is possible that small bits of windows such as the games and
> > >small utilities could be written in vb.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I said they were mad; they said I was mad; damn them,
 they outvoted me"

- Nathaniel Lee