==============Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> While you have made some good points, I guess I'm a little more optimistic
-------------yhs
The problem is that crippling linux with bad mouse support is seen as a
strategy to win over windows users. I think that strategy sucks. :-)
=====================
> With the mouse button support problem, this is mostly a problem with X
> (correct me if I'm wrong, is it possible to configure more than, say, 3
-----------------------
But X only supports 2, because they still support the 2 button mouse
which gives only 3 logical buttons: 1, 2, 1-2. This is not configuring a
3 button mouse at all. It has 7 logical buttons.
Unfortunately, this has caused enlightenment, for example, to use
alt-button combinations, which is the worst ergonomics possible.
In the suse manual there is an excellent article on ergonomics, but I
have never seen any of these experts take note of the tremendous toll
that right-left coordination takes. This makes their expertise entirely
questionable.
If X would go to 7 logical and use the alt or ctl-buttons as a
makeshift, we could have it all, but they just haven't done it
because.....