Thank you so much for your reply, and I would do that as I have seen it for
he has posted it in several places; except for (okay, this is really
embarrassing) that I don't seem to have a supermount.o module.  I remember an
automount choice in the config, but apparently I completely missed the
supermount module part *again*.  I have supermount for 2.2.17, but not 2.4.0
or 2.4.1.  How am I overlooking this?  Where should I find it in the kernel
config?
-s