On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:33, Myers, Dennis R NWO wrote:
> I wish someone would explain in some step by step format how this Mplayer
> gets set up cause I tried 6 different times to install it and never did get
> it to work. Used the --disable and all the instructions and could not get
> any functionality from it.???? All systems are not created equal, or I am
> not holding my mouth right. Ha! : )   Dennis M.  (Bottom posting with
> snips)

You may be bottom posting with snips, but you're still sending in HTML.
Please don't do this in the future.

Here's how I got MPlayer working:

1. Extract the MPlayer tarball and cd into the directory created.
2. Run "./configure --disable-gcc-checking"
3. Run "make"
4. su to root.
5. Run "make install".

--