On Thursday 06 September 2001 10:02 pm, Warren Post escribió:
> Tom, other than gaming what uses do you see for Windows? I've been
> looking
> forward to scrubbing it from my hd's, but your comment gives me
> pause.

> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >    I'm the first one to recommend to newbie's (or oldies's) that
> > they keep Windoze around, just don't EVER connect to the Net with
> > it (ASAP).

    Well, I've already seen several replies to this, so you can see
each individuals needs vary quite a bit.  For me, I like flight
simulators, and there are none for Linux that come close to M$'s.
FlightGear (runs on many OS' including Linux) has a long way to go.
Another need most users will run into sooner or later is to flash bios'
for their motherboard, video card, cdrom, cd-rw, etc.  For that you
need DOS, sometimes Windoze, to run the flash utility.

   Another argument to make is why throw away something you already got
stuck for?  While I'll never buy another M$ product, I'm in no hurry to
toss those I have. 'Specially since disk space is so cheap now-a-day's,
and dual booting is so easy.  I'll just say again tho, "M$, never was a
false sense of security so expensive". Don't use any M$ product to
connect to the Net.  EVER
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay