OK>> >Does hotmail "really" support pop3 ? Accessible tru kmail etc.... If
OK>> >so what is the POP3 adress ? ...
OK>> >
JH> Sure does. I forget what the POP3 is, but is on the site.

Nothing about it on neither the help section or settings. There is
one, that makes hotmail check "other pop sites" like "your isp's pop
account" and adds to the hotmail one.

If I missed it, please show me.

JH> I have never really tried it in Kmail. So i will not make any promises.

I had given kmail just as an example of "non ms related mail clients"
because I am looking for a normal/real pop server.

JH> But I do know I have alot of users on my network that do it through Outlook.

That does not mean hotmail has a pop server. It is, I believe, nothing
more than another MS' style "ignore all the other, and do our stuff
secretly, so no one can know what we do, or no one else can use it".

I tried on some guess for a pop server in the name, and found only
pop.hotmail.com to be existent. It used to be a normal pop server
actually, back in the old days, 3-4 years ago, when hotmail was
running non MS os. The machine, though, seems to be ignoring
everything. telnet to port 110 gave me nothing, also the nmap.

Up to here, nothing proves me hotmail has a pop server. Any other
ideas are welcome.

Onur Kucuk