On Sat, 25 May 2002, Dale Huckeby wrote:

> > Have you thought about trying 8.2?
>
>   I bought the 7.2 powerpack several years ago.  I turned my daughter and
> son-in-law on to Linux, they bought the 8.1 poerpack, and I burned copies
> and installed from that.  But having just moved and not having a job yet,
> I don't have the wherewithall to buy 8.2, and I'm a little chary of the
> download time and possible difficulties in upgrading to 8.2.  But yes, it's
> still an option that I should consider.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I hope
> it fixes some of 8.1's bugs, such as refusing to give me the console
> resolution I ask for during setup, or even by editing the relevant GRUB
> file in the /boot directory.  If I want 80 by 23, I can only get it by
> using the nonfb image.

Another option would be to buy it from Cheapbytes, or some other place
like that...you just get the download disks, but it only costs about $5.
Judging from another one of your posts, I really think you'll like 8.2 a
lot better - I think it's the first Mandrake version to wrest the title of
"Best Ever Mandrake" from 7.2.