On Wednesday 12 June 2002 11:26 am, Randy Kramer wrote:
> And, if you don't have the manual for the motherboard anymore, try
> to give us a model number.  (I'm not sure that "200 megahertz
> genuine Intel motherboard" pins it down -- does the 200 mhz refer
> to the max. processor speed of to the memory bus speed -- if the
> latter, it's a fairly recent motherboard and I'd expect to be able
> to put a lot of memory (more than 128 MB) in the dimm slots.

   Marcia said 'genuineintel', but that really says very little. Intel
makes several versions of all their models. Keepin it simple, that
boils down to 'retail', 'OEM', and 'OEM ONLY' versions. The latter
being spec boards like found in Dells and other ready mades.  These
boards are stripped to the bones (by spec), Intel doesn't support
'em, and they usually have a spec version Phoenix bios.  I suspect
it's an OEM ONLY spec since many of those boards only support 128
ram, usually 2 - 64mb sticks max.

    Intel retail boards, specially their high end server stuff is
renowned for stabillity, but come in last place for performance and
compatibiltiy with anything non-Intel. They hardly own up to their
spec board versions, mostly I believe tryin to hide they even make
the stuff. Bios string will probly be more helpful than FCC # in
identifying the board.
--
    Tom Brinkman                      Corpus Christi, Texas