Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> I think you are trying to make opensc something it is not.

I am not trying to do a single thing beyond pointing out that there
is alot of complaints and wasted time over no *actual* problem.

> The bureaucracy and lack of flexibility will inhibit contributions
> and healthy *SMALL* community.

What bureaucracy do you mean? Requiring no build failure and review
in gerrit? I think those are acceptable requirements. They're also
not exactly unique for OpenSC.

What lack of flexibility do you mean? Anyone in the whole world can
clone the gerrit repo, make changes, and push them back to gerrit for
review.

> That's true that it may eventually lead to more stable
> implementation, but the cost may be lack of progress,
> thus not able to achieve the stability goal as well.

Quantity is IMO completely irrelevant without quality.

> Until now I did not notice gerrit to be so good solution
> that all other methods should be dropped for of it.

I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly you mean by this. Gerrit
helps track patches. I'm not sure that the current configuration is
completely ideal, but it is also not in any way causing a critical
problem for further development.

> However, a proper build server with multiple platforms and
> configurations is something that is vary useful to have in
> order to test branches before merging.

Of course there is no replacement for testing, but I really can not
agree if you are arguing that being unable to extend jenkins is a
critical problem for further development.

> I quite miss the previous method in which people could work on this
> project progressing (and may do mistakes), but invest their time in
> proactive way.

What is stopping that? Please be specific.

> I don't think that in current process I [or anyone similar] could have
> contributed whatever I've done before, so I don't think it is going to
> a good place.

Why not? Please be specific.

//Peter