Dennis Clarke wrote:
Eric, this is a really tough policy.  It is tough to enforce and tough to
tell people, good people, that no, we can not have you building software
that will be running in the servers at Lockheed Martin, NASA and MIT.  The
issue of liability has been a very tough one but it was needed.

Why do you assume just because someone has a job their employer is in any
way willing to accept liability for their open source actions?   I don't
know of any other "open community" that has similar restrictions, and in
the open source development communities, students are often found among
the best contributors to the community.

Have there been exceptions?  Absolutely.

Given your blog stories about looking for a job, aren't you the leading
example that requiring someone to be gainfully employed to contribute
to blastwave doesn't make much sense?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]