Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Alan Burlison wrote:

>>> The OGB just spent an hour on the phone (12 noon-1pm PDT) with Ian
>>> Murdock,
>>> much of which was spent talking about this issue.   We're not ignoring
>>> it.
>> When it is probably too late.  Where have you all been for the last N
>> months?
>
> Getting beat senseless by the community any time we dare stick our heads
> out, and working our asses off at our day jobs, which do not include OGB
> issues.

I agree the OGB has been pounded on this year, and that's unfortunate.
There's too much of that in the OpenSolaris Community. Some of it is
because it's the first OGB (elected, anyway), and the leadership in the
community is not really clear to most people. I agree with the concept
of a distributed power structure, but that takes a very long time to
develop. So, many times people are looking to the OGB -- as a group --
to lead, when in reality that's not the design. To me, the missed
opportunity here is that the Members are not leading or asserting in any
organized way.

> We also raised this issue to Bill Franklin several weeks ago, when he
> was sent to meet with us as the designated representative of Sun management,
> and he had promised to raise this issue to Sun management, which resulted
> in today's meeting.

Good. I'm glad the OGB has met with Sun. I think the OGB has the right
to assert regular meetings with the company, and I have every confidence
that the current membership will raise the appropriate issues.

Jim
--
Jim Grisanzio http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris