Shawn Walker wrote:
"Don't you realise that stuff like this only continues
to cement the view that the left hand doesn't know
what the right hand at Sun is doing?"

>From an empirical point of view... maybe.

Top talent from the OpenDS project will move on to new
and brighter ventures. The article reads back on
standard corporate policies and practices - not a
'true' personal attack. A threat can be misconstrued
if seen as an enforcement upon agreed upon policies
(i.e. your local pizza company 'threatens' your family
by stopping free pizza deliveries to your house if you
default on tips.)

Sometimes, it is better to have an independently
funded project over a corporate sponsored one.
Sometimes, the opposite is true. Most
developers/engineers know about "life in the fast
lane" and what to do when the tanks runs dry.

As for OpenSolaris community management and
evangelism, seems like the boat is still sailing. A
few icebergs, but the boat is still sailing (see:
http://planet.opensolaris.org).

I'm sure the subconcious mind doesn't tell the
concious mind everything either.... or maybe it does
but we don't pay it much attention nowadays... :o)

Ken Mays
"I call this car...Eleanor" - Nicolas Cage, 'Gone In
60 seconds'