UNIX admin wrote:
> You guys are phenomenal engineers, but you do have one major flaw: a lot of
> you think in terms of a single system managed by a guy with lots and lots of
> time and the willingness to walk around from system to system and hack stuff
> around.
> I don't have one system.  I have tens of thousands of systems. It has to work
> for all of them, just as it would for one of them.

Actually, we are usually accused of going too far towards catering towards
that sort of user - and that sort of setup works even better for you with
Indiana - just point to your NIS/LDAP server, and use whatever shells those
specify and then the default account is just something you skip/delete/ignore.

Because you're right, I don't create my account on most machines I use, I
specify the NIS server and am done.

> Which brings me to another point: what's with "Indiana" and JumpStart?

A gaping hole that our test teams continually remind us is needed and the
install team keeps pointing to the road map saying "We know, it's planned".
You're watching the soup being made, and not everything is in the pot yet.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]