It is a choice-of-words issue on whether the word "abandoning" should be used.
But as hartz said, Sun is clearly diverting its resource to OpenSolaris.  As to
how bad (as far as Solaris 10 is concerned) the diversion is, that's a
judgement call.  Whereas one can point to all these Solaris 10 patches and
releases, another can point to what is happening in the Solaris 10 forum, the
difficulty of reporting/finding out Solaris 10 bugs, etc.
> I suggest if you find a bug in OpenSolaris, call the Sun helpdesk and open a
> support ticket for it.
That certainly says something about whether "abandoning" is the best term.  It
seems what is implied here is that if one finds a bug in Solaris, he then needs
to "port" that bug to OpenSolaris, i.e. see if that bug exists in OpenSolaris;
if so, report it as an OpenSolaris bug.  I am not going to impose my opinion on
you, you can judge yourself.