UNIX admin wrote:
>> From a product and market perspective, Solaris 10 is
>>  big and has a well
>> stablish customer base. From a product and market
>> perspective
>> OpenSolaris is tiny. It's just getting started. It
>> was just released as
>> a distro a few months ago.
>>

> Now now Jim, I always believed you to be fair and impartial. Seeing you
> repeat Ian Murdock's marketing gimmicks / naming fiasco with OpenSolaris
> "distro" here really saddens me.

hey ... I'm not sure I get what you mean. I can't use "distro" to
describe the distribution? I do that all the time. And OpenSolaris
2008.05 was released a few months ago, wasn't it? And it's aimed at new
developers and new users, and we are going after new markets with it
(but then again that was the intention for OpenSolaris all along, but I
view the distro as just the latest tool to do that). I'm not sure where
I messed up. :)

Jim
--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/