Re: [osol-discuss] Can Solaris be discussed here?‏
From: Shawn Walker ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sent: Sat 8/02/08 5:31 AM
To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc:  opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org

These lists are for OpenSolaris, not Solaris. I'm not certain what gave you the idea that Sun has abandoned Solaris 10 maintenance. However, I can assure you that is not the case. Read more about the Solaris Life Cycle model here:http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/lifecycle.xml You may want to visit the bigadmin pages for further discussion of Solaris 10 topics: http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/home/index.html Cheers,-- Shawn Walker

Sun can write all the PR things they want to claim that they are not abandoning Solaris.  But let's look at the real stuff.  For example, I would refer you to a thread "How to report bugs ?" in Sun's "General Solaris 10 Discussion" forum (http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5309841&tstart=0).  And one can judge how much attention Sun is giving to Solaris nowadays.  Someone wanted to report a Solaris bug and so far nobody answered such a simple question.  You sounded like you are a Sun employee.  I am glad that there are Sun employees reading posts in this forum, but how come there does not appear to be any Sun employees reading that Solaris 10 forum?  And there are many unanswered posts there.  I personally posted quite a number there lately and quite a number, if not most, of them were not answered.  The facts speak for themselves.

Brad Vaughan
Professional Services
Global Sales & Services
Sun Microsystems Inc