Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Joerg Schilling wrote:

>>> Please let us continue this discussion after Sun did fix the security bugs
>>> that
>>> have been introduced with Indiana.
>> Please feel free to not participate as much as you want, but that's
>> not stopping the transition from happening.
>
> I am sorry, but I get the impression that it's you who does not like to
> participate. I am open for discussions that help to fix the bugs and I have
> the experiences to help. Fixing bugs is always better then trying to hide
> them.

Fixing bugs is great, but it only takes one or two people each to fix most bugs,
and I'm not the one suggesting everyone else stop working until those people are
done.   (And since you didn't provide a list of the bug reports you're referring
to, we can't even discuss when those might be fixed.)    I look forward to
seeing your mail to request-sponsor with your contributions of fixes for these
bugs.   Personally, my contributions are to the areas I have most expertise in,
such as working on the conversion of the X consolidation builds/packages to IPS.

There are hundreds of people working on OpenSolaris.   Progress goes in
parallel, and planning has to be done in advance to keep everything moving
smoothly.   Delaying discussion means you're just going to not participate
while everyone else goes ahead with their parts.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com