Glenn Lagasse <glenn.laga...@sun.com> wrote:

> > > Ah, I see.  We're back to star again (as I suspected).  I'm not privvy
> > > to what the issue with star being integrated is or was.  The case was
> > > approved.  From what I understand based on what people have told me is
> > > that there was work that needed to be done before the integration could
> > > happen.  Sun wasn't willing to do that work and apparently neither were
> > > you.  So, it hasn't integrated.  So, out of morbid curiousity at this
> > > point just what exactly are you waiting for in a reply and from whom?
> >
> > We will only be able to advance here in case that there is a will for
> > collaboration. You are welcome to prove that there is such a wil......
>
> And so, you've completely not answered my question at all and thus left
> this dangling yet again (as I've seen more than a few times whenever
> this issue comes up from you).  I'm neck deep in project work and have
> no time to say 'Sure, send me everything about this and I'll get it
> done'.  But without all the information, I can't even help you find the
> sticking points and possibly offer guidance on how to get unstuck.
> Collaboration is a two-way street.

Correct: collaboration is a two way street and as long as there is no
return from Sun, collaboration cannot happen.

I did send two attempts to request-sponsor and did never get any reply.
What do you expect me to do? Do you expect me to repeat my mail once a week?
I am adult and I am not interested in playing games. Sun did verify that the
"official method" does not work and this can only be changed if a person from
Sun starts an initiative that is able to prove that things have been changed.

When I look at the list of recently integrated OSS projects, I cannot believe
that there is no time for PSARC/2004/480. Just delay one of the less important
other projects....

> At this point, I can only presume that you have no real interest in

Well, I can only presume that Sun has no interest in collaboration. This
is obvious as people from Sun meanwhile did spend more time in writing
useless mails that try tell me that they are not responsible for the problem
than fixing the problem inside Sun would have taken. As you see, what you said
is not correct unless you are able to prove that you start collaboration and
that you are also able to collaborate until the integration is finished.

Are you willing to correct the impression that has been created by people from
Sun? Are wou willing to collaborate? If not, do you know any other person who
is willing to collaborate?

As I did verify, the documented way fails and it is your turn to verify that
you are able to fix documented problems.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)